The studio art sessions started in January 2012 are off to a great start with a full class of great students. We'll be continuing the art sessions in February. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up now
. If you would like your name to be placed on a waiting list, please send an email to Classes at Berkeley Fine Art Studio
Here's the class description:
People have expressed a genuine need to connect with something other than their everyday routine of work and deadlines. Art can be just such an antidote for clearing space in the mind and re-orienting with the world again.
Using themed exercises each month, we will explore re-awakening direct visual experience as well as techniques for expressing the seen world on a two-dimensional surface.
- Every Saturday from 10am to 1pm.
- Sign-up for one month at a time.
- Each month themed on a particular aspect of painting and drawing.
- First month will be to work with charcoal and explore seeing lights and darks and expressing them in there simplest shapes.
- Main intention is to increase awareness of seeing, that is, learning to see more attentively and practicing seeing deeply as a way to be more present and grounded in the moment.
- Month of February is four Saturdays, $80 total for the month.
- Sessions will include some instruction and demonstration. Much of the work will be focused on your work, while recognizing the internal dialogue taking place.
- Where: Berkeley Fine Art Studio, 933 Parker Street, Berkeley CA 9410, between 8th and 9th Streets [Map]
- When: Saturdays, 10am to 1pm
- Cost: $80 for four Saturdays-materials not included.
- Materials: In January, charcoal, drawing pad, kneaded eraser, soft cloth or chamois
- Class size: Limited to 12 students
Labels: art classes, art lessons, charcoal, drawing, Seamus Berkeley, sketch, still life, studio